The following represents the course offerings presently available for the Bioregional Studies Certificate(WBSC).
“Wildcrafting Basics” introduces participants to the foundations of this ancient art that links to lifestyle, activism, stewardship, Ancestral Mapping and an understanding of Earth energies. Participants will become aware of wild harvesting methods and the uses of wild botanicals. As an introduction, this course explains the current role of wildcrafting in activism, work, business and lifestyle.
Become a Master Wildcrafter
Wildcraft Forest School is the first educational center to offer a Wildcrafting Bioregional Studies Certificate(WBSC) and a Wildcraft Practitioners Diploma (WPD) for Master Wildcrafters. The school operates within a co-mentorship structure and connects students with ancient Shamanic teachings.
The Wildcrafting Bioregional Studies Certificate is intended to strengthen Permaculture Design Courses and offers students an opportunity to learn and practice stewardship, restoration and harvesting in remote wildland areas.
The Wildcrafter’s Promise
I promise to…
1. Dedicate my life to the protection of Planet Earth and her organic multidimensional systems and to elements of sentient stewardship driven by “agape” principles.
2. Take personal responsibility for the human presence on Planet Earth; and will seek to solve problems and restore her natural regenerative systems that support life and the presence of being.
3. Utilize the land, elements and living beings with agape thoughtfulness and ceremony that seeks permission from Earth Spirits.
4. Study and seek to understand wild places and plant spirit medicines, craft and food that considers biodiversity and shadow biodiversity.
5. Be the storyteller who holds wisdom about places, dimensions and ideas about nature and will seek to hold and carry the elements of ancient wisdom that connect Gaia with the human experience.
6. Be the peaceful warrior and the advocate seeking to protect the natural systems of Planet Earth. To craft a sanctuary, life, mission and occupation that supports wildcrafting ethics and to move those ethics into the wider human population with a devotion dedicated to the liberation of others.
7. Propagate, restore and spread wild habitat and Earth-based teachings into areas of human settlement.
8. Create and implement wild design systems that include an understanding of Earth Energies and a respect for Ancestral Wisdom and the ancient practice of Firekeeping.
9. Seek to understand and implement natural eco-system plant breeding systems and techniques that are localized and based on ancient indigenous knowledge and traditions.
10. Create and preserve organic navigation systems that consider the long term view as humans interact with Planet Earth and the Cosmos.
11. Re-wild food, medicines, community and the human experience including key aspects of political, economic and social structures.
12. Seek to understand biological codes and communication within nature and the Cosmos.
Presented by Don Elzer, Master Wildcrafter
Wildcraft Forest School
Wildcraft Forest School Extension is Canada’s leading centre for wild regeneration, this web portal represents extension work and services that the school delivers within its Sanctuary Forest Network and beyond.