SANCTUARY FOREST THERAPY CENTRE
Exploring Pure Air
in the Monashee Alpine
This expedition connects the winds of change with deep and ancient ancestral energy as we search for new perspectives on our way to renewal. This five day experience explores elements of the “Shaman” and the “Cosmic Tree”. We will experience the pure mountain air within the remote alpine of the Monashee Mountains, as well as the pure energy presented by times of lightning and thunder.
This expedition explores the wide view, and represents a visionquest into our dreams. From here we will have a clear unobstructed view of the stars and will feel the strength and energy presented by ancient trees as they grow from the rock on the edge of glaciers.
Here we’re amidst old-growth stands of cedar and hemlock forest and extensive rolling alpine and subalpine meadows. These landscapes combine to form excellent habitat for deer and elk. Paintbrush Ridge, Tsuis Mountain, Rainbow Falls and Monashee Provincial Park are a few of the attractions that will inspire your life.
Within this expedition we will set up a remote base camp so that we may venture further into alpine during daytrips. We will explore the spectacular landscape that links old growth rainforests with the alpine of the Monashee. Our observations will include the sensitive habitat of species at risk. We’ll explore parts of the old Rawhide Trail and the Lightning Peaks in Granby Provincial Park. This pristine park encompasses the headwaters of the Granby River and several adjacent basins. Its lower forested drainage includes old-growth stands of cedar and hemlock forest. Extensive rolling alpine and subalpine meadows are protected at higher elevations. Our exploration of Monashee Provincial Park will provide a rich alpine meadow experience that includes Valley of the Moon.
The work we will be doing includes some archeological research as we search for clues linked to ancient prehistoric settlements and travel routes as well as seed gathering in order to preserve alpine tree and plant species. We will attempt to encounter and record any presence of endangered species such as the red-listed plant called the Nettle-leaved giant hyssop; and the Mountain Caribou.
Within this program we shuttle you to summits for a downhill stroll and cool rest stops. This excursion offers great sightseeing excursions and a chance to experience the source of the Shuswap River and where the Okanagan transforms into the peaks of the Monashee – the mystical land of the Sidhe.
YASEI SHINRIN YOKU FIVE DAY RETREATS
What’s included within each expedition…
Each five day expedition includes exciting and comforting features that bridge wellness with the natural world. Each program includes:
- Airport shuttle and touring between the Sanctuary Forest Centre and forest trailheads.
- Each program is guided by professional Yasei Shinrin Yoku Guides and Practitioners.
- Comfortable Glamping Tents and Retreat Facilities and Base Camp Tents
- Numerous gentle guided walkabouts with meditation sessions connected to unique forest ecosystems.
- Each program includes the Wildcraft Forest 6 Session Yasei Shinrin Yoku Experience.
- Features ten different Yasei Shinrin Yoku exercises everyday.
- Profile five different wild plants everyday including plant identification as well as food and medicinal values.
- Daytime and evening presentations and discussions about Yasei Shinrin Yoku and the wild relationships that link better health with nature.
- Healing and bodywork demonstrations and treatments.
- Gourmet meals that include wildcrafted cuisine and culinary learning so that you can rewild your diet.
- Ample alone time that’s just for you.
- Each program includes Earth stewardship experiences and methods of modern and ancient caretaking as well as ceremonies which can help offer protection and restore balance in the forest.
- We offer an extra free day. You can remain here for a sixth day and just relax.
July 9 - 13
July 23 - 27
$1150 per person includes accommodation, meals and more.
Yasei Shinrin Yoku: The Living Air Retreat
$1150 (Canadian Dollars) per person
Please register through this payment link and we will confirm your placement information by phone or email.
You can also make your payment by bank transfer please email us for instructions.
If you have questions about this retreat please email us:
Or phone: 250.547.2001
Space is limited, please register well in advance. Our retreats fill very quickly.
The Wildcraft Forest presents four different Yasei Shinrin Yoku Destination Retreats. As forest expeditions each is connected to a different element of energy in the diverse pristine forests of British Columbia.