SANCTUARY FOREST THERAPY CENTRE
The Wonder of Water
and a Great River
This expedition connects with “The Goddess” and the Sacred Feminine. It highlights the power of the Moon and how her energy is reflected by the water which can present us with wisdom, strength and purification. We will explore the forest at night and participate in her mysterious healing energies as plants push out an abundance of living air with the rising of the Sun. Breathe deeply as the mist mixes with the forest and thickens life force.
This weekend experience immersed in nature is about “flow” and how nature creates environmental attributes through observations, feelings and sounds that can help to guide our lives including our rest and sleep. We’ll discover the Fountain of Youth in an ancient forest as we accompany a wildcrafter harvesting botanicals in a rainforest.
This expedition follows the Shuswap River into its headwaters area. As our planet changes, water changes its behaviour in high mountain areas. This trek will examine the spirit of water and how a watercourse evolves. We will explore old growth rainforests and subalpine lakes and wetlands. This is indeed a mystical journey into the unknown as we dwell beside the healing powers of ancient stream in the rainforest.
As we search for signs, we will further connect with the sentient part of these forests by providing investigation into the ancient presence of Salmon as well as the restoration of ecosystems.
YASEI SHINRIN YOKU WEEKEND RETREATS
What’s included within each expedition…
Each weekend expedition includes exciting and comforting features that bridge wellness with the natural world. Each program includes:
- Airport shuttle and touring between the Sanctuary Forest Centre and forest trailheads.
- Each program is guided by professional Yasei Shinrin Yoku Guides and Practitioners.
- Comfortable Glamping Tents and Retreat facilities.
- Numerous gentle guided walkabouts with meditation sessions connected to unique forest ecosystems.
- Each program includes the Wildcraft Forest 6 Session Yasei Shinrin Yoku Experience.
- Features ten different Yasei Shinrin Yoku exercises everyday.
- Profile five different wild plants everyday including plant identification as well as food and medicinal values.
- Daytime and evening presentations and discussions about Yasei Shinrin Yoku and the wild relationships that link better health with nature.
- Healing and bodywork demonstrations.
- Gourmet meals that include wildcrafted cuisine and culinary learning so that you can rewild your diet.
- Ample alone time that’s just for you.
- Each program includes Earth stewardship experiences and methods of modern and ancient caretaking as well as ceremonies which can help offer protection and restore balance in the forest.
- We offer an extra free day so that you can arrive early and relax.
Wonder of Water 2022 Dates:
- July 23 & 24 Women’s Retreat
- August 6 & 7 Women’s Retreat
- September 3-5 Women's Retreat (Limited to 5 People)
$290 per person (Canadian dollars) includes accommodation and more.
Tribe of Five Rate: Reserve five spaces for $1160 or $232 per person.
Yasei Shinrin Yoku: The Wild Water Retreat
$290 (Canadian Dollars) per person
Please register through this payment link and we will confirm your placement information by phone or email.
You can also make your payment by bank transfer please email us for instructions.
If you have questions about this retreat or if you would like to register a Tribe of Five package please email us:
Or phone: 250.547.2001
Space is limited, please register well in advance. Our retreats fill very quickly.
The Wildcraft Forest presents four different Yasei Shinrin Yoku Destination Retreats. As forest expeditions each is connected to a different element of energy in the diverse pristine forests of British Columbia.